GEM Days Report
Saturday at GEM Days was as perfect a day as could be: not too hot or windy, no rain, the farmers market in full swing, and thousands of folks enjoying the food, music, kids’ activities, and vendors. Thank you, Owatonna for your interest in my latest book. I had an excellent day selling books, especially Little Mountain, Big Trouble. My goal is to have as many middle-graders read it as possible, especially those who’d love to read about a kid who’s more like them than a super-kid who’s often portrayed in middle-grade books. I hope all the Little Brothers and Little Sisters of that age will read it, as well as kids who aren’t in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program but would like to be.
I hope to continue the selling momentum and publicity about the book this week with two events I’m extremely excited about. First, my LMBT BOOK LAUNCH PARTY! The public is invited, but I’d especially like to see BBBS community matches show up. I’ll be giving away a few copies of LMBT (and maybe another copy or two of my thrillers!). We’ll have light refreshments, and I’ll sign copies for anyone who buys a book.
The party starts at 6:30 pm at the Owatonna Public Library, Broadway and Elm, in downtown Owatonna.
SWEET READS BOOKS
Second, I’ll be appearing at Sweet Reads Books in Austin, MN, on Saturday, July 29, from 11 am to 2 pm. The theme of this event is “Back to School.” In addition to selling signed copies of my books, I’m sure the owner, Lisa Deyo, will have all sorts of fun planned for everyone who stops in on Saturday. Sweet Reads is at 407 N. Main St. in downtown Austin, directly across the street from the world-famous SPAM Museum. Make a day of it by visiting both the bookstore and the museum.
I hope to say “Thank You, Owatonna (and all the other towns I’ll visit this year)” many more times. I truly appreciate your interest in and support of my work.
Two more ratings/reviews were posted on Goodreads last week bringing the total to 181. Thanks! Only 19 to go to reach 200 total reviews for the Matt Lanier Thrillers. Why not add yours to the total? Just click on GOODREADS.COM, and you’ll be at my author page where you can select the book you read and post a review. Here’s the AMAZON.COM link too. Bookbub.com and Barnesandnoble.com are also possibilities if you frequent those sites.
- THURSDAY, JULY 27, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm. Little Mountain, Big Trouble book launch party. Owatonna Public Library. Broadway & Elm, Owatonna, MN
- SATURDAY, JULY 29, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm. Sweet Reads Books, Austin, MN.
- THURSDAY, AUGUST 3, 5:00 pm- 8:00 pm. Downtown Thursdays, North Cedar Ave., Owatonna, MN
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 5, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. Riverwalk Market Fair Summer Market, Bridge Square, Division & 4th St., Northfield, MN.
- SUNDAY, AUGUST 6, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. Chapter 2 Books, 226 Locust St. Hudson WI
- FRIDAY, AUGUST 11, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Beagle and Wolf Books & Bindery, Park Rapids, MN.
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 12, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Northwoods Art & Book Festival. Hackensack, MN
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 26, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Fair Trade Books, Red Wing, MN.