A busy June ahead means many events, starting with a street fair on Thursday, June 2, from 5-8 pm in Downtown Owatonna for Downtown Thursday.
It’s a relaxed social occasion with music, food from street vendors and local restaurants, and many vendors set up on the street for you to browse, including yours truly. The Dangerous Straits Book Launch Tour is alive and well and planning on spreading the word across Minnesota and even a foray into Wisconsin about Matt Lanier and his monumental struggle against a conspiracy almost too big to believe.
All June Events and Appearances (and one July probable)
- THURSDAY, JUNE 2, 5:00 pm- 8:00 pm. Downtown Thursdays, North Cedar Ave, Owatonna MN
- WEDNESDAY, JUNE 15, 7:00 am. Earlybird Rotary Club, Owatonna MN. (Members only)
- SATURDAY, JUNE 18, 9:00 am- 4:00 pm. Market in the Park, Lake Crystal MN. Organized by Willie’s Roadside Shop.
- THURSDAY, JUNE 23, 7:00 pm. Books & Beer Book Club. Cercis Brewing Co., Columbus WI. In-person event but also on Zoom.
- (Tentative) SUNDAY, JULY 3, 8:00 am- 2:00 pm. Elysian 4th of July Flea Market. Main Street, Elysian MN
Not Just Events
I have some favors to ask of you, my loyal and regular readers.
I’m looking for a surname that lends itself to teasing, funny rhymes and/or associations, and nicknames that adolescents might use to tease or humiliate a kid who has that last name. An example might be something like: Carter (the farter); Monk (the skunk); etc. I have one I’m using for my work in progress, but I think there’s something better out there. If you have an idea, please submit it in the comments below or email me at email@example.com. If I use your suggestion, I may give you a shout-out in the Acknowledgments section of the book.
Ongoing requests and ways you can help sales and by extension help Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern MN. Remember I donate $1 to BBBS for each book of mine I sell.
- Keep those beach-read photos coming in of you or a friend enjoying one of my books on your favorite beach, pool deck, lake cabin dock, cozy fireplace in winter, or any other place that you love to settle down and read a good page-turner like Straight River, Castle Danger, or Dangerous Straits. If it’s a good photo and in good taste, I’ll post it on social media and on my website and you’ll get 15 minutes of fame (and help me sell books!)
- Keep those reviews trickling in. Slow and steady wins the race. I’d especially like reviews for Dangerous Straits so it can catch up to the first two books. Reviews don’t need to be long or detailed or masterpieces of literary review, just honest. Preferred sites to post reviews are Goodreads.com, Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com, and Bookbub.com. Once at the site, just do a search for the book title and then follow the links to post a review for that book. Thanks.
- Please vote for Dangerous Straits in the TCK Readers Choice Awards. Every vote counts because there are so many nominees, no one book will amass a huge number of votes.TCK Readers Choice Awards. Follow the instructions carefully. The Thriller category is #9 of 16.