I’m not quite “off to see the Wizard”
“Berries and Downtowns and GEMS, Oh My” doesn’t hold a candle to “Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!”, that iconic chant uttered by Dorothy in “The Wizard of Oz.” But I’ll be at the Rasp-“berry” Festival Marketplace Craft Fair, Downtown Thursday, and GEM Days in the next month. As usual, I’ll have all my books for sale and will be happy to sign them for you as well.
- SATURDAY, JULY 16, 9 am–4 pm. Hopkins Raspberry Festival Marketplace Craft Fair. Main Street between 6th and 13th Aves. Hopkins MN.
- SATURDAY, JULY 23, 9 AM–3 PM. Owatonna GEM Days. Downtown Owatonna MN
- THURSDAY, AUGUST 4, 5:00 pm- 8:30 pm. Downtown Thursdays, North Cedar Ave, Owatonna MN
- FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM. Beagle and Wolf Books & Bindery, Park Rapids MN.
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 13, 9 am – 3 pm. Northwoods Art & Book Festival. Hackensack MN
Not Just Events
I have some favors to ask of you, my loyal readers and followers.
I’m looking for a surname that lends itself to teasing, funny rhymes and/or associations, and nicknames that adolescents might use to tease or humiliate a kid who has that last name. An example might be something like: Carter (the farter); Monk (the skunk); etc. I have one I’m using for my work in progress, but I think there’s something better out there. If you have an idea, please submit it in the comments below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If I use your suggestion, I may give you a shout-out in the Acknowledgments section of the book.
Ongoing requests and ways you can help sales and by extension help Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern MN. Remember I donate $1 to BBBS for each book of mine I sell.
- Keep those beach-read photos coming in of you or a friend enjoying one of my books on your favorite beach, pool deck, lake cabin dock, cozy fireplace in winter, or any other place that you love to settle down and read a good page-turner like Straight River, Castle Danger, or Dangerous Straits. If it’s a good photo and in good taste, I’ll post it on social media and on my website and you’ll get 15 minutes of fame (and help me sell books!)
- Keep those reviews trickling in. Slow and steady wins the race. I’d especially like reviews for Dangerous Straits so it can catch up to my first two books. Reviews don’t need to be long or detailed or masterpieces of literary review, just honest. Preferred sites to post reviews are Goodreads.com, Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com, and Bookbub.com. Once at the site, just do a search for the book title and then follow the links to post a review for that book. Thanks.
- Please vote for Dangerous Straits in the TCK Readers Choice Awards. Every vote counts because there are so many nominees, no one book will amass a huge number of votes.TCK Readers Choice Awards. Follow the instructions carefully. The Thriller category is #9 of 16.